Zbiory profesora Mariana Tyrowicza w krakowskich instytucjach

Ewa Danowska

Abstrakt

The manuscript heritage of Professor Marian Tyrowicz is preserved in three Cracow’s institutions: The Archives of Science of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences and the Polish Academy of Sciences, The Scientific Library of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences and the Polish Academy of Sciences and in the Library of the History Department of the Pedagogical University. His materials are also preserved in the Ossoliński National Institute in Wrocław. Marian Tyrowicz (1901–1989) was a historian, teacher of secondary schools, university lecturer, since 1955 he had worked in the Pedagogical College in Cracow. His research covered universal history and history of Poland of the 19th century, he was an archivist, newspaper expert, source materials editor and author of many publications and articles. The biggest amount in volume (about 20 metres of files) belongs to the Pedagogical University due to Professor Tyrowicz’s strongest connection with it. The files were purchased from the widow, Regina Tyrowicz, in 1990. This heritage has not been fully inventoried. The materials of Professor Tyrowicz in the Archives of Science of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences and the Polish Academy of Sciences were endowed by Professor himself in 1976. After being rearranged, 29 files were acquired and 66 files were passed by the widow in 1990. The Scientific Library of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences and the Polish Academy of Sciences possess Iconographic Files of Professor Marian Tyrowicz, purchased in 1988. They encompass 11 thick volumes, and the other 3 are in the files. Professor Tyrowicz’s scientific correspondence is kept in the Ossoliński National Institute in Wrocław. The manuscript heritage of Professor Marian Tyrowicz serves the researches of many branches of science connected with the issues that he was preoccupied with all his life.